- nkjer's blog
- Giving away $1 Million sounds simple…
BUT, it's a year in the making and looks a little like this...
- First, 12 companies chose to be Diamond and Media sponsors allowing United Way to kick off work for the year.
- Then, KIA AUTOSPORT Pensacola donated a KIA SOUL for one lucky donor as an extra bonus for choosing to give.
- Next, 7,233 individuals made the decision to LIVE UNITED through 296 workplace campaigns. One of those, Joseph Leonard, now owns a KIA SOUL. Check out that moment!
- While that's all happening, nonprofits dedicated to fighting the core problems facing Escambia County applied for grant funding through the Community Investment process.
- After that, 50 donors volunteered to serve on the Community Investment Panel to review, evaluate, and recommend funding to nonprofit programs that could best demonstrate results and make an impact in our community.
- Now, preparation for the event! Molina Healthcare, Home Builders Association of West Florida, Alsco, Pensacola Bay Center, Beyond the Grape, Buffalo Rock Pepsi, and The Lewis Bear Company sponsored the Celebration night.
- The Arc Gateway, The Salvation Army, and AMIkids Pensacola chose a client, like Mrs. James, to tell their story - stories that would not be possible without United Way donors and community partnerships.
- Then, Baptist Health Care Foundation, Coastal Bank and Trust, and Gulf Power Company presented awards to the top workplace campaigns for the year and had the honor of presenting checks to the 44 programs receiving funding from the Community Investment Process! Click here for the full list of results.
- Last, but not least, United Way employees and board members made a personal commitment to make this their fight. They surrounded our community's most critical problems. And they fought... Every Day! United they stood with donors, nonprofits, and volunteers to confront the struggles of working Escambia County families because change does not happen alone. To live better, we must LIVE UNITED.
THANK YOU for making $1 MILLION look so simple!