Escambia County’s School District-approved supply drive has officially kicked-off for the 2018-19 school year. Businesses, churches, organizations, and individuals are encouraged to host a school supply drive for local students, while four area Wal-Marts will host Cram-A-Thons on July 26 and July 28. Cram the Van, a partnership between Sandy Sansing Dealerships, WEAR ABC 3, WFGX 35, Cat County 98.7, NewsRadio 1620, the Escambia County School District, and United Way of Escambia County, has served the community since 1999 and works to ensure that Escambia County students have the tools needed to succeed in the upcoming school year.
In 2017, our community United to distribute over $42,000 in supplies to 68 area schools, helping 7,488 students in need. More than 40 local businesses held collection drives or donated supplies and 204 volunteers collectively donated 455 hours of their time to sort, count, and distribute school supplies.
Ways to get involved:
GIVE: Host a school supply collection drive or make a donation. Collection drive efforts and donations directly impact a student’s ability to learn and send them back to school with a smile! Checks can be made out to United Way of Escambia County.
VOLUNTEER: Individuals and groups can volunteer to support Cram the Van with various tasks like sorting, counting, loading and unloading supplies, and more! Volunteers are essential to Cram the Van and the more than 7,400 local students it supports.
ADVOCATE: United we fight. United we win. Combine the efforts of your independent school drive with Cram the Van to grow our collective impact. TOGETHER we can ensure more Escambia County students win.
School Supply list:
Backpacks (all ages), #2 Pencils, Pens, Paper (* Paper can be wide-ruled, college-ruled, or copy/printer paper.), Crayola Crayons, Glue Sticks, Folders with Pockets, Binders
Dry Erase Markers, Hand Sanitizer, Clorox Wipes, Fiskars Scissors, Bound Composition, Notebooks, Spiral Notebooks, Plastic Pencil Boxes
Community Supply Drop-off Locations
- Ascend Performance Materials: 3000 Old Chemstrand Rd., Cantonment, FL 32533
- Beach Community Bank: 33 West Garden Street, Pensacola, FL 32502
- Bear Levin Studer Family YMCA: 165 E. Intendencia St., Pensacola, FL 32502
- Central Credit Union: 308 N. Spring St., Pensacola, FL 32501
- Central Credit Union: 6200 North "W" St., Pensacola, FL 32505
- Central Credit Union: 4964 Bayou Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32503
- Central Credit Union: 1200 E. Nine Mile Rd., Pensacola, FL 32514
- Comfort Dental Care: 5700 N. Davis Hwy. #1, Pensacola, FL 32503
- Emmanuel Sheppard & Condon Ingrid Singleton Paralegal: 30 S. Spring St., Pensacola, FL 32502
- Pensacola State College Bookstore: 1000 College Blvd., Building 5 (Student Center), Pensacola, FL 32504
- Sandy Sansing Chevrolet: 6200 Pensacola Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32505
- Sandy Sansing Nissan: 5705 Pensacola Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32505
- Sandy Sansing Mazda: 6105 Pensacola Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32505
- Sandy Sansing MINI of Pensacola: 186 Airport Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32505
- Studer Group: 350 W. Cedar Street, Suite 300, Pensacola, FL 32502
- Synovus - Blue Angel, 10291 Sorrento Road, Pensacola, FL 32507
- Synovus – Cordova, 4440 Bayou Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32503
- Synovus – University, 1898 East Nine Mile Road, Pensacola, FL 32514
- Synovus - Ninth Avenue, 7150 North 9th Ave., Pensacola, FL 32504
- Synovus - Pine Forest, 2190 West Nine Mile Road, Pensacola, FL 32534
- Synovus – Romana, 125 West Romana Street, Pensacola, FL 32502
- UWF Student Nurses Association: 11000 University Pkwy., Building 37 (Nursing), Pensacola, FL 32514
- Virginia College: 312 East Nine Mile Road, Suite 34, Pensacola, FL 32514
To volunteer or to learn more, contact Education Outreach and Volunteer Manager, Kristy Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 912-8176.
THANK YOU PROGRAM SPONSORS!