United Way of Escambia County’s (UWEC) Emerging Leaders United brings the passion and philanthropic power of young professionals together to create a better community. Emerging Leaders United hopes to engage, inspire, educate and empower the area’s next generation of philanthropists by providing them with meaningful volunteer activities and projects, professional development and educational programs, networking opportunities, and focused philanthropic giving.
Serving Escambia County for 95 years, UWEC has the expertise to provide young professionals with significant opportunities to connect to our community. Emerging Leaders can leverage UWEC’s relationships to connect, serve, and grow – both personally and professionally.
EMERGING LEADERS UNITED OFFERS OPPORTUNITIES TO:
- Help change the story of our community.
- Find meaningful ways to forge relationships, take action, leave a mark, and make an impact – all in the spirit of Living United.
- Join purposeful conversations with executives and leaders through our quarterly Lunch with a Leader sessions.
- Engage in meaningful volunteer projects through our quarterly Sip & Serve socials.
- Through partnerships and dynamic events, you will gain insight of UWEC’s focus areas and take action to help us address the community needs and critical issues that are impacting Escambia County.
- Connect with like-minded people and expand your personal and professional relationships in fun and inspiring ways
- Build your leadership skills by serving on the EL Executive Committee.
Emerging Leaders United provides a combination of social, educational, and volunteer activities throughout Escambia County and works to help emerging professionals realize their potential to CONNECT, SERVE, and LEAD. Emerging Leaders has been structured to provide opportunities for involvement that accommodate diverse lifestyles and schedules. Your level of involvement is completely up to you.
While we hope you will join us for socials, volunteer projects, and other events, there are two requirements for membership. Emerging Leaders are under the age of 40 and they commit to donate at least $365 a year to UWEC. UWEC strives to be as flexible as possible; you can make a one-time gift, set up recurring credit card payments, or contribute during your workplace campaign (and take advantage of the convenience of payroll deduction).
2018 Emerging Leaders: