ABOUT WOMEN UNITED:
The United Way Women’s Leadership Council is a global network of more than 70,000 women, in 165 communities (within 6 countries), united around creating a stronger community and inviting women to be part of the solution. Our effort has more members giving more money than any other similar group, raising more than $1 billion in 12 years.
Additionally, Women’s Leadership Councils have been key to the transformation of the movement. They have been a driving force behind the rise of community impact. Far from being transactional donors, women get involved, shake things up and make great change.
WHAT WE DO:
With a focus on education, income, and health, local actions are diverse. Locally, we have chosen to focus on education with an emphasis on early literacy.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED AS A MEMBER:
- Volunteer to read to a 4-year-old one hour a week for 25 weeks. Choose the RadingPals site closest to you at C.A. Weis or Montclair Elementary, Global Learning Academy, HeadStart - Gibson Center or McMillan Pre-k Center
- Volunteer with Cram the Van and ensure students have what they need to start the school year right
- Volunteer at Family Night as part of the C.A. Weis Community School project or at your ReadingPals host location
- Serve as a trainer for Nonprofit or Loaned Executive Training; or, serve as a best practice panelist
- Grow young women into community leadership positions
- Serve on the community investment education panel and help decide where dollars can make the most difference
BECOME A MEMBER:
If you are interested in becoming a member, please fill out this form and return it to the United Way of Escambia County office at 1301 W. Government Street, Pensacola Fla, 32502. If you have any questions, please call Laura Hill, Development Director at 850-444-7043.