- About Us
- Our Work
- Our Partners
- Our Community
- Members Only
Loaned Executive Leadership Program
United Way of Escambia County is offering more opportunities for local executives to learn best practices from established community leaders. This year, United Way has enhanced engagement opportunities by establishing a free year-long leadership course that combines monthly trainings and seminars with public speaking, corporate networking and education on community needs.
The monthly leadership meetings will feature community leaders like: Jim Hizer, President/CEO of the Greater Pensacola Chamber; Carol Carlan, CEO of Carlan Consulting; Rick Dye, Chief Volunteer of FaithWorks InterFaith Network, Inc.; Dr. Athena du Pre, Professor of Communication and Director of the Strategic Communication & Leadership Master's Degree Program at the University of West Florida; Britt Landrum, President/CEO of Landrum Human Resource Companies; Eric Nickelsen, Developer/Co-Owner John S. Carr and Company; and Judge Marci Goodman.
To be a part of the program, executives must commit to a year-long course that includes their participation in annual campaign activities as a loaned executive engaging and educating workplace coordinators.
“United Way Loaned Executives are dedicated volunteers who are invested in making our community a better place for all,” says Andrea Krieger, President/CEO of United Way of Escambia County. “We want to make sure they have every opportunity to get as much out of this program as possible. This year, the program will expose them to key community leaders and community needs, while gaining the skills they need to be stronger leaders.”
Loaned Leadership Executives (LEs) are volunteers whose employers commit to support our community by endorsing their employee’s involvement in leadership, advocacy and resource development for community impacts funded through United Way’s annual workplace campaign. An LE’s primary role is to develop leadership skills while providing resources and guidance for workplace campaign coordinators. LEs can anticipate monthly leadership development sessions and monthly meetings with key community leaders who serve as Divisional Leaders on the United Way Campaign Cabinet.
Loaned Executives will develop:
• Excellent Public Speaking Abilities
• Networking Skills
• Community Knowledge/Pride
• Time Management Skills
• Customer Service Skills
The Loaned Executive Program provides benefits to:
• Is stronger, safer and healthier thanks to United Way’s unique ability to address our community’s most pressing needs through effective use of volunteers and resources.
• Receives more donated funds back through community investment because fundraising costs are lower.
• Learns or develops enhanced communication, public speaking, leadership, project and time management skills.
• Is exposed to critical issues facing our community and gains a greater understanding and appreciation for the difference he/she can make through volunteering.
The Sponsoring Company
• Gains the benefit of a more skilled and knowledgeable employee.
• Enhances its marketing efforts through recognition in advertising and printed materials as a sponsor of the Loaned Executive Program.
• Is represented throughout our community as the Loaned Executive networks with hundreds of Companies and community leaders.
For more information on the Loaned Executive Leadership Program, call Laura Hill at 850-444-7143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU to the following Loaned Leadership Executives for volunteering to support the 2012 – 2013 Workplace Campaign!
Samantha Bass - Families First Network
Mary Ann Bickerstaff – ARC Gateway
Laura Booth – Council on Aging
Kelley Brooks – Coastal Bank and Trust
Amy Crain – RK Turbine Consultants
Lori Enfinger – Coastal Bank and Trust
Desiree Evans – Gulf Power Company
William Gibson – Gibson and Associates
Lori Gilmore – Gulf Coast Community Bank
Deryl Hargett – Gulf Power Company
Ashley Jansen – Gulf Power Company
Oleeta Loupe – Gulf Power Company
Andrea Lyons - Emmanuel Sheppard Condon
Melanie Moffett – Baptist Hospital
Eric Pickett – Gulf Power Company
Debra Scarbrough – Coastal Bank and Trust
Marci Simmons – Gulf Winds Federal Credit Union
Donna Gail Spencer
Timothy Stronko – Gulf Power Company
Oliver Sumlin – Underwood Anderson & Assoc.
Michael Yeager – Early Learning Coalition
Thank you to the following partners for generously sponsoring the Loaned Executive Leadership Program: