Giving to United Way of Escambia County
is More Rewarding Than Ever!
Official Rules for 2017 CAMPAIGN KIA SOUL GIVE-A-WAY:
The 2016-2017 Campaign KIA Soul Give-A-Way (the “Event”) is sponsored by United Way of Escambia County, Inc. (UWEC), which has a principal place of business at 1301 W. Government Street, Pensacola, FL 32502. The Grand Prize, a 2017 KIA Soul, has been donated to UWEC for this Event by Pensacola’s KIA AutoSport, Inc. No campaign contributions were used to purchase the automobile. The grand prize winner will be selected from among all valid entries by random drawing at 5 pm CDT on June 1, 2017 and announced at the UWEC June 2017 Campaign and Community Investment Annual Celebration, and need not be present to win. UWEC will attempt to notify the prize winner by telephone by 5:00 pm CDT no later than June 30, 2017. Three entries per person will be permitted, and persons must meet Event eligibility requirements and comply with the Official Rules in order to enter. No monetary donation is necessary in order to enter or to win. Suggested minimum annual voluntary donation to sponsor of 1 entry for $130 ($2.50 per week); 2 entries for $520 ($10 per week); and 3 entries for $1,040 ($20 per week).
UWEC is not affiliated with Pensacola’s KIA AutoSport and all terms and conditions governing the Grand Prize are at the discretion of Pensacola’s KIA AutoSport. Prize winners are responsible for any state or federal income taxes that may be imposed as a result of winning a prize and the Grand Prize Winner will also be responsible for tax, tag, title and any other fees associated with taking possession of the vehicle, as well as insurance requirements at the level mandated by law. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
1. This incentive promotion begins on July 1, 2016 and ends at 5 pm CDT on May 31, 2017. Participants must be legal residents of Florida, at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Employees of UWEC, Pensacola’s KIA AutoSport and affiliated dealerships, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
No purchase or donation is necessary in order to enter or to win. Up to three entries without a donation can be made by completing three original entry forms which can be found and downloaded at www.unitedwayescambia.org and mailed to United Way of Escambia County, Attn: Campaign Drawing, 1301 W. Government Street, Pensacola, FL 32502. Each original entry form must contain name, address and phone number.
Pledges and Original Entry Forms must be turned in to the UWEC office by 5 p.m. CDT on May 31, 2017. UWEC will not be responsible for companies that fail to submit their employees’ pledge forms or employees’ names by this date. UWEC will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by UWEC in its sole discretion, and UWEC reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with, or abusing, any aspect of the Event, or failing to comply with these Official Rules. All entries become property of UWEC and none will be returned. By participating in the Event, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of UWEC, which shall be final in all respects.
Ensuring the Integrity of the 2017 KIA Soul Drawing Entries
Those individuals that qualify for the 2017 KIA Soul are automatically and systematically (not manually) entered into the drawing as their pledges are processed. Participating public sector campaigns do provide individual donor information, which is reviewed by management, so public sector qualifiers can be assured they will be included and there is little room for human error. Companies, who do not typically provide individual pledge information, may submit a list of those employees who have qualified. Those names are added to the data base of automatic qualifiers. Additionally, those people who submitted an entry outside the automatic qualification process are also entered into the data base. Although we cannot publish the list of all those who qualify, if a workplace campaign requests a list of qualifiers from their own company, United Way of the Escambia County can provide it prior to the drawing, but after all pledges received by May 31, 2017 have been posted. Please call 850-434.3157 for more information.
3. Winner Selection. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to an eligible entrant by a random selection from among all entries submitted during the Event Period in compliance with these Official Rules. The selection will take place at UWEC office, 1301 W. Government Street, Pensacola, FL 32502 at 5 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, June 1, 2017.
4. Prize. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a 2017 KIA Soul vehicle valued at approximately $15,700.00, donated by Pensacola’s KIA Autosport. The Grand Prize has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash. Vehicle color may vary and is at the discretion of Pensacola’s KIA Autosport. Winner is responsible for tax, tag, title and any other fees associated with taking possession of the vehicle, as well as for obtaining any required insurance. Vehicles displayed in the showrooms of Pensacola’s KIA Autosport-affiliated dealerships, UWEC facilities or other venues, or in any advertising or promotional materials, are for display purposes only and are not representative of any specific Grand Prize vehicle. Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of valid entries received.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. UWEC will attempt to notify the winner by telephone by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Thursday, June 30, 2017. Prize winners need not be present to win. If UWEC is unable to contact a selected winner within a reasonable period of time, as reasonably determined by UWEC, then UWEC may select an alternate winner from among the remaining valid entries.
Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. All prizes are non-assignable, non-transferable and have no cash value. No prize substitutions will be allowed. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability, and UWEC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes, and winner of the Grand Prize may be subject to income tax liability in connection with the receipt of such prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release upon receipt of a prize. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner selected by UWEC from among the remaining valid entries. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, including without limitation on the Internet, without further compensation. Prize not claimed by eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of UWEC. The Grand Prize winner must show proof of insurance, proof of application for tag and registration, and a valid driver’s license.
6. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The Event shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to the conflict of law’s provisions thereof.
7. The 2015/2016 KIA Campaign Give-A-Way is sponsored by United Way of Escambia County. The decisions of UWEC regarding the winner selection, the interpretation of these Official Rules and all other aspects of the Event shall be final and binding in all respects. UWEC will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Event. If you have any questions regarding this Special Campaign Event, please contact United Way of Escambia County, 1301 W. Government Street, Pensacola, FL 32502. – Phone: 850.434-3157.
8. Pensacola’s KIA Autosport, Inc. shall be responsible only to fulfill its obligation of providing one (1) Grand Prize and shall not be responsible, or held liable, for anything else in connection with the 2016-16 United Way Campaign.
UNITED WAY OF ESCAMBIA COUNTY’S FLORIDA SOLICATION REGISTRATION NUMBER IS CH746. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-HELPFLA, OR VIA THE INTERNET AT WWW.800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.