- About Us
- Our Work
- Our Partners
- Our Community
- TAKE ACTION
- Workplace Campaign
- Partners in Giving
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- Volunteer with United Way
- Nonprofit Training Series
Day of Caring
DAY OF CARING 2015 - Mark your calendars for Friday, October 16th
This one day event is a great opportunity to learn about the needs of the community while helping a nonprofit agency or school. We match groups and individuals with local non-profit agencies and schools to spend the day volunteering on projects. The work is varied: indoors or outdoors, half or full day, working directly with clients, hosting a collection drive, or lending your muscles for painting or landscaping projects.
If you or your company would like to participate in the 2015 Day of Caring, please email email@example.com or call Lyndi Warner at 850.444.7128.
Important Due Dates:
Click here to download your 2015 Day of Caring Dates and Information Flyer.
- September 18th: Volunteer Group Form and Nonprofit Agency Project Request Form due.
- September 25th: T-shirt Form due (volunteer groups only).
- October 2nd: Meet and Greet (t-shirt pickup for volunteer groups).
- October 9th: Breakfast attendance confirmation and Volunteer Team Spirit Award Form due.
- October 16th: Day of Caring Breakfast!
In 2014, our community experienced the benefits of volunteerism as United Way hosted the largest regional volunteer day of service. A total of 91 local companies gave employees the opportunity to serve our community and 1,228 individuals rolled their sleeves to volunteer at 54 area non-profits agencies and 30 schools. Three additional companies hosted wish list drives that will replenish vital health and human service resources. It is encouraging to think that the total volunteer labor committed for the Day of Caring is expected to exceed 9,200 volunteer hours of service. Based on the Independent Sector’s valuation of volunteer labor at $22.55 an hour, that means individuals donated over $207,000 in service to our community.
Check out the condensed Day of Caring Satisfaction Survey Report from the 2014 participants.